[Qgis-user] QGIS uninstalled after GDAL PPA install

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Feb 28 12:36:55 PST 2020

Am 28.02.20 um 20:48 schrieb J. M:
> Hi Andre,
>
> Okay thanks once again... I'll have a go, though I'm not sure how to remove
> them. Would it be 'sudo apt-get remove gdal-bin' or does it need 'sudo
> apt-get remove gdal-bin 3.0.2+dfsg-1~bionic2'?

The first one should be ok.

> I ask because I don't know
> if gdal-bin is something generic used elsewhere and I have to denominate
> that. As I don't really understand what those files are, I'm wary of
> removing them without being sure of the syntax first. Can I be sure they
> aren't needed for another program, for example Blender?

You can install gdal-bin later from the main Ubuntu repo, which will be
version 2.2.3. Blender should be happy with it. I doubt they support
GDAL 3 yet.

> So once those four files are removed I can try sudo apt-get install
> libgdal20=2.2.3+dfsg-2 again? And once I have libgdal20 installed then I
> can run sudo apt-get install qgis qgis-plugin-grass python3-qgis? If I'm
> missing anything else then please let me know..

Run the apt-cache policy libgdal20 again. If it offers you version 2.2.3
only, then QGIS sould install properly.

HTH,
Andre Joost