[Qgis-user] Restricting project extent in QGIS

Richard McDonnell richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie
Tue Jan 7 01:31:07 PST 2020

Hi,
Im not sure what format your vector layers are in, but if you are dealing with a large layer, then you could look at uploading to something like PostGIS, you could then apply a filter when adding the layer to only load data in your area of interest.

You could also look at using a filter on your existing datasets, one further thing you can look at is using Zoom Levels (Scale range) to stop the rendering of data beyond a certain zoom level, only allowing you to view the data at certain levels.
Regard's,

Richard McDonnell

——
Richard McDonnell MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional
FRM Data Management

——
Oifig na nOibreacha Poiblí
Office of Public Works

Sráid Jonathan Swift, Baile Átha Troim, Co na Mí, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
——
M +353 87 688 5964   T +353 1 647 6543
https://www.opw.ie

——