[Qgis-user] how to perform hotspot analysis in QGIS3.10

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Jul 4 08:02:30 PDT 2020

On 7/4/20 4:45 PM, Kakoli Saha wrote:
> I am trying to run hotspot analysis in QGIS 3.10 for windows.  To install the plug-in  whenever I am typing the following code in the shell, it says $ is not recognized as an external or internal command.
>
> $ py3_env.bat
>  $ python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip
>  $ python3 -m pip install pysal==1.14.3 --user

Hi, the $-sign depicts your cursor.

So you need to call only
py3_env.bat
(which creates all paths etc etc in your local environment)

and then
python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip
(to upgrade to latest pip)

python3 -m pip install pysal==1.14.3 --user
(to install into your QGIS python env)

I just tested in my OSGeo4W environment on a Windows machine (by starting the OSGeo4W.bat to get a command box), but although the first 2 commands are fine, the last one fails telling me there is no module name 'setuptools' ...

but after installing/upgrading setuptools with:
python3 -m pip install setuptools
I could install pysal,
also install ing scipy-1.5.0 as dependency

Hope this helps

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde