[Qgis-user] Plugin development: how to handle API break

Yann Voté ygversil at lilo.org
Fri Jul 10 05:11:05 PDT 2020

Hi list,

I wrote the experimental CSV Tools plugin which depends on the
processing.tools.postgis Python module.

Now with QGIS 3.14, this module does not exists anymore since classes
`QgsProcessingParameterDatabaseSchema` and
`QgsProcessingParameterDatabaseTable` have been introduced (but maybe it
should have been kept for backward compatibility ?).

How do I properly manage this situation ? I want both QGIS 3.12 and
older and QGIS 3.14+ to be able to install the plugin ? Do I create a
new separate plugin for QGIS 3.14+ and maintain both plugins until the
next LTR ?

For now I have set QgisMaximumVersion to 3.12 in metadata.

Thanks.

Yann Voté - ygversil at lilo.org