[Qgis-user] Do you have any QGIS plugin feature requests?

Alister Hood alister.hood at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 14:59:50 PDT 2020

Hi Calvin,

Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:38:45 -0400
> From: C Hamilton <adenaculture at gmail.com>
> To: qgis-user <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>,  qgis-developer
>         <qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org>
> Subject: [Qgis-user] Do you have any QGIS plugin feature requests?
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I find that I have extra time on my hands so I would like to know if anyone
> has any feature requests for any of my plugins.
>
> Lat Lon Tools
> https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/latlontools/
>
> Shape Tools
> https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/shapetools/
>
> KML Tools
> https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/kmltools/
>
> Lock Zoom to Tile Scale
> https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/lockzoom/
>
> My criteria for picking up a new effort would be that it benefits a large
> number of QGIS users, is somewhat related to my existing plugins, minimal
> to moderate development, and sounds like a fun project. I would also
> consider something not related to one of the plugins if I think it would be
> worthwhile and looks like it would be fun to work on.
>
> Do you have any suggestions or requests?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Calvin

I don't often create print layouts, but when I did recently I was surprised
I couldn't find a good tool to create coverage layers to use with the Atlas
feature in the layout composer.
Perhaps someone else knows of a tool and I just couldn't find it?  There is
an old plugin for QGIS 2.x, but even it had plenty of room for improvement.
In any case, this might be similar enough to your Shape Tools plugin that
you would consider it.

Thanks,
Alister