[Qgis-user] I cannot find the QGIS software on my laptop after trying to upgrade to the latest version - QGIS 3.14

Adim Ijeaku adimijeaku24 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 04:06:41 PDT 2020

Dear QGIS team,

I am facing an issue in finding QGIS on my laptop after installation. I
tried to upgrade my QGIS to the latest version (QGIS 3.14), after
installation, I couldn't locate it on my laptop anymore. However, I can see
it in the uninstall section of my laptop. I have tried uninstalling it and
re-installing it back, yet, I am still faced with the same problem.

Following the file path I stored it during the installation, I found the
QGIS 3.14 folder on my 'Program Files', but didn't find a shortcut icon. I
saw and run the 'qgiscrashhandler.exe', but a System error pop-up tells me
that 'Qt5Widgets.dll, Qt5Gui.dll, Qt5Core.dll were not found. Reinstalling
the program may fix this problem.' I have reinstalled and redownloaded QGIS
software countless times, yet the issue subsists. How may this issue be
resolved as quickly as possible, as I have an unfinished assignment to be
done using the QGIS software? Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Jane