[Qgis-user] I cannot find the QGIS software on my laptop after trying to upgrade to the latest version - QGIS 3.14

Christine geo.guide at web.de
Thu Jul 16 05:13:48 PDT 2020

Dear Jane,
how did you proceed with the installation ? It sounds as if you have
installed QGIS with the Standalone installer. Apparently you have been
installing on a Windows System.

That the Short cut icons have vanished, wouldn't be a problem.

Don't you have a bin folder in your installation path of QGIS like e.g.
'C:\Program Files\QGIS\bin' ? There should be a qgis-bin.exe like:
qgis-bin.exe, qgis-bin-g7.exe, qgis-ltr-bin.exe  or so. If you double click
on such an exe, a QGIS version should start.

Sorry, If I can't compare the path for the qgis-bin.exe directly with one of
my installations, because I install normally with OSGeo4W and then the
default path is different.

Regards, Christine

Adim Ijeaku wrote