[Qgis-user] Where to store style files (qml, sld) - best practices

Jose Gomez joselogomdi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 05:25:08 PDT 2020

Hi, It's better in the same directory where you have the data and you
should use the same name. If you work with shapefile, when you add the
layer it recognizes the style and assigns it symbology. If you use
geopackage could be better save it in the database (geopackage), for use
the simbology when you add the layer.

Regards,

José Luis Gómez Díaz
Ing. Catastral y Geodesta, Esp, Magister

El sáb., 18 de jul. de 2020 a la(s) 22:41, <qgis-user at stripfamily.net>
escribió:

> Is there a convention on where to place these files? Perhaps a new
> directory in the profile?
> It appears they can be saved anywhere, but I'm curious about best
> practices conventions?
> Create the file in a tmp location and import into the style manager?
> So many choices.
>
> Thx

Saludos,
José Luis.