[Qgis-user] What am I missing? Python plugins not available.

Thayer Young thayeray at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 20 10:14:27 PDT 2020

 Hi Frank,
Assuming that you are using the main MacOS QGIS installer from QGIS.org: Python should be packaged with QGIS, and QGIS should be using its own python, so the Terminal commands will probably not be helpful.
I think you may have a repository problem, or not be connected to the internet? In the Plugins dialog, click on the Settings tab and in the "Plugin Repositories" section check that you have this URL listed and that its status is "connected":https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/plugins.xml?qgis=3.8

You may need to scroll down in the dialog to see the buttons underneath with which you can: add, edit or reconnect to the repository.
-Thayer