[Qgis-user] QGIS flatpak linux error QGIS starting in non-interactive mode not supported

Todd Pfaff pfaff at rhpcs.mcmaster.ca
Tue Jul 21 22:19:47 PDT 2020

I've installed QGIS on a CentOS 7 system using these two different
methods:

1) qgis 2.14.9 from epel repo via a 'yum install qgis' command,

2) qgis 3.14.0 via flatpak install.

This CentOS 7 system is remote and I am attempting to run qgis via an ssh
login.  Other X window apps are working fine via this ssh login so I know
that, in general, my ssh connection is working with X forwarded through
the ssh connection.

The version 2.14.9 install via yum runs fine via this ssh connection and
displays back to my local X display.

The flatpak version 3.14.0 does this:

   $ flatpak run org.qgis.qgis
   QGIS starting in non-interactive mode not supported.
   You are seeing this message most likely because you have no DISPLAY
   environment variable set.

but my X display is definitely set:

   $ echo $DISPLAY
   localhost:11.0

and, as I wrote above, other X apps, including qgis-2.14.9, are working as
expected via this ssh-tunnelled X display.

Is there a known workaround that will allow me to run this flatpak gqis
remotely via an ssh login and display to the ssh-tunnelled X display?