[Qgis-user] How to install QGIS in Debian 11?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Jul 23 08:38:55 PDT 2020

On 7/23/20 3:40 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:

> Mmm, this is not so much QGIS related (I guess...), are you able to run any other GUI programs running flatpak?

FYI out of curiosity I created a VM with a fresh CentOS7 Gnome Desktop,
and within that one I installed flatpak QGIS and all was functioning as expected.

Then I tried to ssh into it (ssh -Y) and got your error,

>From https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/issues/397 I took:

flatpak run --share=network --command=bash org.qgis.qgis -c "DISPLAY=$DISPLAY qgis"

THAT was working for me :-)
So QGIS running in flatpak on CentOS VM, I could reach a WMS etc.

HTH

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoordde