[Qgis-user] Font Awesome symbols in QGIS

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Sun Jul 26 01:06:29 PDT 2020

Hi Régis,
The SVGs are only 853kB compressed (1.15MB uncompressed (6.30MB on
disk)), so size shouldn't be a problem.

License: Honestly I stopped worrying about licenses year ago; I've
already wasted enough of my life dealing with licensing. :-) The Pro
version includes several thousand extra icons and isn't GPL friendly, so
I'm just proposing using the free ones. The license for the free ones is
as linked
(https://github.com/FortAwesome/Font-Awesome/blob/master/LICENSE.txt) -
I just take it at its word that it's "GPL friendly". But this is the
pertinent line: "In the Font Awesome Free download, the CC BY 4.0
license applies to all icons packaged as SVG"

Cheers,
Jonathan