[Qgis-user] Mac 3.14 dmg, proj

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Sun Jul 26 05:24:52 PDT 2020

John Layt <jlayt at kde.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> It was being worked on at this GitHub issue
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Mac-Packager/issues/12, and thanks to a GIS
> grant (http://blog.qgis.org/2020/07/10/qgis-grant-programme-2020-results/)
> the first test version are now available. No ETA for final release as yet
> but I'd assume 3.16 now.
>
> Cheers!
>
> John.

Thanks - I have downloaded and will try it out.

The ticket being closed implies the changes have been merged to the repo
that holds the build recipes.  Is that true?  (I have not read up on
qgis ticket rules, and am just applying the usual practice that tickets
can be closed when the fix is on the branch that will be used for the
next release.)

It would be nice if the main mac binaries download page (probably also
others) had for each dmg just something like "(gdal 3.0, proj 6)" or
equivalent.  Maybe it's just me, but the versions of gdal and proj seem
really important, whereas for other things I kind of expect that
reasonably recent is not problematic.