[Qgis-user] Selling Prints using QGIS outputs; QGIS and AT (Assist Technology)

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 13:35:23 PDT 2020

Fiona and list,

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 12:05 PM Fiona Stapleton <fionastaple at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi QGIS,
>
> I'm wondering if I can create a website selling QGIS outputs (customised
> maps)?  So far I've gotten info regarding attributing OSM maps if they are
> the data source.

If you plan to commercialize your work, or really even just distribute it,
you should always run down the terms under which the source data was
provided to you.  Different data providers have different licensing
agreements.  Some data is provided under Creative Commons terms
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ but there are a wide range of
other grants of rights.

A good way to proceed is to make a spreadsheet that lists all your data
sources that go into your map composition in one column, the date you
acquired the data, and a link to the licensing term at that point.  Also
people change their minds... so you might want to take a screen shot as
well...

This includes any image data you incorporate into the map.

It's also a good idea to review copyright law in your country and maybe in
the country where the data originated (if different).
--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.