[Qgis-user] Font Awesome symbols in QGIS

Charles Dixon-Paver charles at kartoza.com
Tue Jul 28 14:57:03 PDT 2020

I hacked together a band-aid solution. Probably not production ready but I
would advocate for this system of having a small subset of these icons
included in QGIS core by default going forward (If any. It may be better to
just start a similar svg-library specifically for cartography, but using
what's available is a start I guess.).

Pretty much any application specific purposes are well catered for by the
resource sharing plugin IMO.

Cherry picked list of Font-Awesome icons for general map purposes:
https://github.com/zacharlie/fa4qgis

Entire Font Awesome Free repo to use with the QGIS Resource Sharing Plugin:
https://github.com/zacharlie/fa4gis

Happy to hand over custodianship of these to anyone who thinks they're up
to it .

If people find these useful I could probably do similar for similar
libraries like feather, material or unicons.

Regards