[Qgis-user] How to convert netcdf (with many bands) to ascii?

Saber Razmjooei saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Fri May 1 14:32:20 PDT 2020

Hi Lennart,

Why don't you open your netcdf file in QGIS as a mesh layer, you can browse
through time and also see vectoral component of your data:
https://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/blog/2019/08/26/foss4g-workshop/
https://docs.qgis.org/3.10/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_mesh/mesh_properties.html

Kind regards
Saber

On Fri, 1 May 2020 at 16:35, Lennart Goeijenbier <
lennartgoeijenbier at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Basically, I need to model occurrence data and environmental layers in a
> MaxEnt program. Before doing so I need to prepare the environmental layers,
> i.e. convert them from netcdf to ascii, the data I obtained from:
> https://cds.climate.copernicus.eu/cdsapp#!/dataset/sis-agroclimatic-indicators?
> tab=form
>
> Each of the variables contains many bands because they’re used for
> simulations for the 21st century. When I try to convert the files using
> GDAL translate tool in QGIS, it brings up the error saying the variable
> contains too many bands, please view the attached. I've been searching
> for a solution which are aplenty but unfortunately I'm not too technically
> gifted (you probably know by now ;). Any help, tips & tricks would be
> much appreciated!
>
> Cheers,
> Lennart

Saber Razmjooei