[Qgis-user] How to convert netcdf (with many bands) to ascii with QGIS?

Lennart Goeijenbier lennartgoeijenbier at hotmail.com
Fri May 1 08:33:42 PDT 2020

[cid:3512455F-F039-47F3-ADC1-A41F025B1022 at home]Basically, I need to model occurrence data and environmental layers in a MaxEnt program. Before doing so I need to prepare the environmental layers, i.e. convert them from netcdf to ascii, the data I obtained from: https://cds.climate.copernicus.eu/cdsapp#!/dataset/sis-agroclimatic-indicators?tab=form

Each of the variables contains many bands because they’re used for simulations for the 21st century. When I try to convert the files using GDAL translate tool in QGIS, it brings up the error saying the variable contains too many bands, please view the attached. I've been searching for a solution which are aplenty but unfortunately I'm not too technically gifted (you probably know by now ;). Any help, tips & tricks would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Lennart