[Qgis-user] Adding feature to PostGIS layer that has joins is really slow

Nuno Lopes nlopes at gmail.com
Sun May 3 04:50:41 PDT 2020

Hi Chris and list,

This is the minimal setup where I could reproduce my performance issue. The
final idea is to have multiple 1:0-1 tables that have different mandatory
and optional fields. So putting all this in a single table would be very
difficult (I can see it done using triggers and checks on the database but
UX would be bad)

Unfortunately the index doesn't solve my problem, because in this minimal
setup the table is empty and I get this performance issue. This problem
exists with a database on my own computer, if I move the database to a
server (even a close one) QGIS will freeze for so much time that I have to
kill it.

Thanks a lot,
Nuno Lopes

Nuno Lopes