[Qgis-user] Cost effective illustrator software

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue May 5 07:54:51 PDT 2020

Hi Hamish,

I find that with every new QGIS version there are fewer and fewer
reasons to export map layouts from QGIS to any vector graphic package,
because you can already do a lot in the QGIS  layouts. What exactly are
you missing in the QGIS layouts that makes you think you need Adobe
Illustrator?

If you really need a vector graphic editor alongside QGIS, I would first
try out Inkscape, before buying a commercial vector graphic software.
Yes, Adobe Illustrator may be more powerful than Inkscape here and there
- but the question is - do you really need it?

Andreas