[Qgis-user] Fwd: Question

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Wed May 6 11:02:23 PDT 2020

Hi,

Ok what you want to do is to sample a raster with data points (and not
merge two rasters).   This mean you have a csv of points and a raster
with values.  You want the values of the raster to be added to a column
in the csv.   When you open both layers, do they appear to be well
placed in space (georeferenced) and one on top of the other?  If not,
right click on the layer in the layer panel and go to "set CRS/Set layer
CRS".  Once both layers are in the correct CRS, they should be one on
top of the other.

Then used the Processing tool (sample raster values) or install the
Point Sampling tool. Both are plugins that need to be activated under
the plugins menu but the Point Sampling tool will need to be installed
first.  You will need to save the CSV in another format because you
cannot write to a CSV.  Use Shp or better, Geopackage.

Nicolas