[Qgis-user] Error: ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/postgis-2.4": No such file or directory - After installing QGIS 3.10 LTR

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Sat May 9 06:15:52 PDT 2020

Marie Anne and list,

On Fri, May 8, 2020, 23:53 Marie Anna Baovola <marieannabvl at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Anyone could help me how to fix my error in my object, please?
> I have installed the QGIS 3.10 and it seems that my PostgreSQL is upgraded
> into 10.12. I use Ubuntu 18.04 bionic.
>
> I cannot reinstall the extension Postgis.

How did you install QGIS and PostgreSQL? With apt?

You should be able to use the same tool to install postgis. For example
something like

sudo apt install postgis

at the command line.

If you used some other system tool to install QGIS and PostgreSQL, like
synaptic, you can also use that to install postgis.

Chris