[Qgis-user] Viewshed From Specific Elevation?

cgray at graytechsoftware.com cgray at graytechsoftware.com
Thu May 14 13:42:07 PDT 2020

I am attempting to test viewsheds from multiple heights below the roofline
of particular buildings. I have been identifying viewing positions from
directly from LiDAR data, but I cannot find a way to use absolute values for
elevation.  The build-in visibility analysis seems to always use the raster
elevation value plus the relative observer height.

I would like to use an absolute Z value, and have some immediate zone that
is ignored (i.e., ignore the first 2m of obstructions) so that a viewpoint
that might be lower than the raster elevation value can get outside of a
building.

Is there a plugin or alternative visibility analysis tool that can do this?
I was able to get it to work in Manifold Viewer, but I would like to keep
the workflow within QGIS if possible.

Thank you, Chris