[Qgis-user] wishing for accurate lattitude/longitude from a cell phone

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Sat May 23 08:34:34 PDT 2020

Hi,

This is a very interesting list. It basically confirms what I thought. Consumer Point and shoot deceives are all around 2-6m with no canopy. The average multiple positions basically give you a better idea as a gps may get lucky.  It would be nice to have the full methodology for this and more data (like the number of satellite and the position of the constellation and the gps price list) but it’s very interesting none the less.  I was also happy that the data confirms the precision of the gps Sx-Blue 11. This claims to be sub meter and my tests indicated that on our office unit but it’s nice to see it done elsewhere.  For about 2000$, this gps is pretty good. As for the rest, the difference between 150$ and 1000$ is probably  more a function of the options (like maps and screen size...) and not a question of precision. It would be nice to know what gps chips they are running...

Interesting thing also is that based on my reviewing the data on my phone (without graph or cross tabulation tables) is that the Glonas Constellation does not seem to help much.  Quick stats on this list would confirm this. Maybe this is just a figment of my imagination because there’s only so much information you can grad without running proper stats.

Thanks for the post.

Nicolas Cadieux
Ça va bien aller!