[Qgis-user] Error: ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/postgis-2.4": No such file or directory - After installing QGIS 3.10 LTR

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Fri May 29 11:53:35 PDT 2020

Marie and list;

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 7:09 AM Marie Anna Baovola <marieannabvl at gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>   libpdal-plugin-icebridge libpdal-plugin-pgpointcloud
> libpdal-plugin-python libpdal-plugin-sqlite libpdal-plugins libpdal-util9
> libqca-qt5-2
>   libqca-qt5-2-plugins libqgis-3d3.10.5 libqgis-analysis3.10.5
> libqgis-app3.10.5 libqgis-core3.10.5 libqgis-customwidgets libqgis-gui3.10.5
>   libqgis-native3.10.5 libqgis-server3.10.5 libqgisgrass7-3.10.5
> libqgispython3.10.5 libqt53danimation5 libqt53dcore5 libqt53dextras5
>   libqt53dinput5 libqt53dlogic5 libqt53dquickscene2d5 libqt53drender5
> libqt5concurrent5 libqt5designercomponents5 libqt5keychain1
>   libqt5quickwidgets5 libqt5serialport5 libqwt-qt5-6 libspatialindex4v5
> libsqlite3-mod-spatialite python3-future python3-gdal python3-owslib
>   python3-plotly python3-pyproj python3-pyqt5.qsci python3-pyqt5.qtsql
> python3-qgis python3-qgis-common qgis-common qgis-plugin-grass-common
>   qgis-provider-grass qgis-providers qgis-providers-common
> qt3d-assimpsceneimport-plugin qt3d-defaultgeometryloader-plugin
>   qt3d-gltfsceneio-plugin qt3d-scene2d-plugin qt5-assistant
> qttools5-dev-tools
> Suggested packages:
>   libgdal-grass grass-dev grass-gui e00compr avce00 gpsbabel gpstrans
> python3-rpy2 python3-termcolor geotiff-bin libgeotiff-epsg
>   python-future-doc owslib-doc ipython3 python3-pandas python3-scipy
> otb-qgis saga qt5-doc
>
> *The following packages will be REMOVED:  libgdal20 postgis
> postgresql-10-postgis-2.4 postgresql-9.5-postgis-2.4 python-gdal*
>   grass-core libcfitsio5 libgdal26 libgeotiff5 libjs-leaflet liblaszip8
> libpdal-base9 libpdal-plugin-faux libpdal-plugin-icebridge
>   libpdal-plugin-pgpointcloud libpdal-plugin-python libpdal-plugin-sqlite
> libpdal-plugins libpdal-util9 libqca-qt5-2 libqca-qt5-2-plugins
>   libqgis-3d3.10.5 libqgis-analysis3.10.5 libqgis-app3.10.5
> libqgis-core3.10.5 libqgis-customwidgets libqgis-gui3.10.5
> libqgis-native3.10.5
>   libqgis-server3.10.5 libqgisgrass7-3.10.5 libqgispython3.10.5
> libqt53danimation5 libqt53dcore5 libqt53dextras5 libqt53dinput5
> libqt53dlogic5
>   libqt53dquickscene2d5 libqt53drender5 libqt5concurrent5
> libqt5designercomponents5 libqt5keychain1 libqt5quickwidgets5
> libqt5serialport5
>   libqwt-qt5-6 libspatialindex4v5 libsqlite3-mod-spatialite python3-future
> python3-gdal python3-owslib python3-plotly python3-pyproj
>   python3-pyqt5.qsci python3-pyqt5.qtsql python3-qgis python3-qgis-common
> qgis qgis-common qgis-plugin-grass qgis-plugin-grass-common
>   qgis-provider-grass qgis-providers qgis-providers-common
> qt3d-assimpsceneimport-plugin qt3d-defaultgeometryloader-plugin
>   qt3d-gltfsceneio-plugin qt3d-scene2d-plugin qt5-assistant
> qttools5-dev-tools
>   gdal-bin gdal-data
> 2 upgraded, 63 newly installed, 5 to remove and 456 not upgraded.
> Need to get 120 MB of archives.
> After this operation, 372 MB of additional disk space will be used.

There aren't any error messages presented in the output above.

When I log into an Ubuntu 18.04 server that I use, I see the version of
QGIS provided with the system is 2.18.17 and the version of PostGIS is
2.4.3.

Your apt output shows that you're trying to install QGIS version 3.10.5,
which tells us that you have added a new non-Ubuntu repository that
contains that newer version.

The message about removing libgdal20 postgis postgresql-10-postgis-2.4
postgresql-9.5-postgis-2.4 python-gdal tells us that the QGIS version you
are trying to install is not compatible with those versions of libgdal,
postgis etc.

Therefore I think you need to find a repository or set of repositories that
contains the version of QGIS that you want (3.10.5 I guess) and the other
necessary software libgdal, postgis, etc.

Look here: https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#debian-ubuntu

You may need both https://qgis.org/ubuntu/ and
https://qgis.org/ubuntugis-ltr or possibly just the latter.

********

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.