[Qgis-user] flatpak qgis on CentOS 7 hangs on Project Save after displaying dbus error

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 15:12:43 PST 2020

It's this one : https://github.com/flathub/org.qgis.qgis

> I wouldn't have even known there was an Anaconda installer for QGIS if I
> hadn't happened to be watching this list and seen the post from another
> user with a Flatpak problem who mentioned the Anaconda installer.
>
> Perhaps someday someone will update the QGIS Installers page and:
> - add your "heads up" note to the Flatpak section,
> - add an Anaconda section,
> - add your "heads up" note to the Anaconda section,
> - replace or augment the ancient RHEL/CentOS section with suggestions to
>    try the Flatpak and Anaconda installers for more current QGIS versions,
>    which is known to work as reported by other users on this list but which
>    is not supported as per the "heads up notes" in those other section.

I think that's a reasonable suggestion. Perhaps something along the lines of

"While there's also flatpak, snap and anaconda versions of QGIS
available, these are not officially supported and have some serious
known issues."

That would alert users to their presence while still effectively
"washing upstream's hands clean" of any responsibility for these!

Nyall