[Qgis-user] Conection to gpkg in 365 office

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 07:14:38 PST 2020

Alejandro and list,

On Wed, Nov 4, 2020, 05:34 Alejandro Chamizo de Castro <alechamizo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi colleagues,
>

> my company decided to upload all the information to the cloud,
> specifically to office 365.
> I'm tired of working locally and periodically uploading GIS files to 365.
> The question is, can QGIS be connected to a GPKG located in the cloud?
>
> I know that the ideal is to have a spatial database in the cloud but it is
> not the case
>
> Thanks a lot

Maybe I'm missing something, but oesn't o365 automatically sync files to
OneDrive, like Dropbox etc? At least for Windows and Mac desktops?

My theory is that it should handle the synchronization for you.  For
example this link tells us how to exclude folders from OneDrive, so just
make sure your data is in a folder that's not excluded...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98b8b011-8b94-419b-aa95-a14ff2415e85#:~:text=Help%20%26%20Settings%20%3E%20Preferences
.,as%20C%3A%20and%20D%3A).

Chris