[Qgis-user] Strahler order vector files

Iain at jcis.net.au Iain at jcis.net.au
Thu Nov 5 03:08:28 PST 2020

I am working my way through QGIS for Hydrological Applications Recipes for
Catchment Hydrology and Water Management.

I have been shown how to create Strahler order stream classification on
Raster data.

I have access to a vector dataset of streams - is there something in QGIS
that will do Strahler orders for vector data.

Yes I have tried to search and rally only came up with some useless Stack
exchange threads plus reference to v.stream.order which is something in
Grass and I am not sure whether it would work.

Any advice would be helpful - I have assigned Strahler orders manually and
it is a bit time consuming.

Cheers

Dr Iain Stuart

JCIS Consultants