[Qgis-user] Keeping layers of an imported DXF file into QGIS

Luc Le Blanc speleoluc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 07:03:04 PST 2020

That's our impression too, as QGIS ends up with (3) layers of shapes,
lines and text. The problem is that this line layer is a bulk merge of
several DXF layers representing different things (line plot, passage
widths, walls, etc.) that the user would like to toggle (hide/show) or
even exclude from the import. Just knowing the layer of origin is not
sufficient. Can QGIS act upon these attributes other than just showing
them? (I'm not a QGIS user, just researching for an Auriga user who
asked me).

Le lun. 9 nov. 2020 à 09:43, Charles Dixon-Paver <charles at kartoza.com> a écrit :

> I think the DXF is just split by geometry type, but you should be able to access the "layer" information via the attributes.
>
> On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 at 16:24, Luc Le Blanc <speleoluc at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> My cave survey freeware exports DXF files organized in multiple layers
>> for survey stations, station names, line plot, wall lines, etc.
>>
>> A user tells me that when he imports this DXF into QGIS, everything
>> gets merged into 3 layers containing station markers (small
>> triangles). lines (line plot, passage widths, walls, altogether) and
>> station names.
>>
>> Is it possible for QGIS to neatly import a layered DXF file into
>> corresponding layers, respecting the initial organization?
>>

>> --
>> Luc Le Blanc
>> http://www.speleo.qc.ca/Auriga

Luc Le Blanc