[Qgis-user] Add Layer Search to Toolbar

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Nov 13 08:10:18 PST 2020

Hi,

To me this sounds like you want to set up a relation and define forms
with relation reference and relation widgets (with or without embedded
forms).

In the project settings you can define relations between tables and once
you have defined them, they appear in the forms section of the involved
layers.

But as others have pointed out, you probably want (or need) a proper
database, like PostgreSQL. If you have setup your relations in this
database, QGIS will autodetect them and you can directly use them in
your forms.

Greetings,

Andreas