[Qgis-user] Loss of data

Vladut Constandoiu vladutco at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 01:12:22 PST 2020

Good morning,

My name is Vladut Constandoiu, I'm a university student from Trento, Italy
and I'm using QGis for my master thesis.
Yesterday I had a very unpleasant experience with QGis. I have a shapefile
that contains all of the different areas of the river's hydrological basin
on which I'm doing my project; every element has two attributes: type
(TIPO) and area (SUP). Somehow I managed to erase those attributes from the
attribute table and could not do undo (ctrl+z or anything else) since the
auto-save plug-in activated exatly 2 seconds after  my mistake and saved
the changes. The shapefile contains about 6900 elements, and they were all
sorted by use, while now they are just areas without any information.
Is there any way to recover a previous version of that shapefile so that I
don't have to spend uncountable hours putting all the attributes back in?
Here are three pictures of my work, previously and after the loss of
information.

Before data loss:
[image: image.png]

After data loss + legend of types of area:
[image: image.png]

Attribute panel:
[image: image.png]

I would be enormously grateful to anyone who could help me find a solution
for this mess.

Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day.
Sincerely,
Vladut Constandoiu