[Qgis-user] Picture data in Map?

Chavoux Luyt chavoux at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 22:47:18 PST 2020

Hi guys,

Is there an easy way to get image data into/linked into a map in qGIS (i.e.
a plugin or something)? I have CyberTracker data with pictures taken of
footprints etc. as recorded in the veld, but when I export it to a .shp
file, the associated picture is no longer in the .dbf (neither is there a
link to it). What I really want is to have a map where when I click on a
specific point, the associated picture would pop up and show on-screen
(together with the text data, like species and behaviour associated with
that point).

Would I need to use BLOB's (or BYTEA) in PostGIS for this functionality?
Has nobody done something similar before?

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers,
Chavoux