[Qgis-user] QGIS on Apple Silicon / Rosetta 2?

John Layt j.layt at lparchaeology.com
Wed Nov 18 07:52:13 PST 2020

I realise they're only shipping today, but has anyone had the chance to
test if QGIS runs OK on the new Apple Silicon Macs using Rosetta 2? Our
leasing provider is offering a great upgrade deal (deadline Friday), but I
don't want to risk it until I know QGIS runs OK.

FYI, Qt have announced they are not supporting Qt on Mac Silicon until Qt
6.1 due for release mid-2021, so Mac Silicon native QGIS will have to wait
for QGIS 4, whenever that may be. We'll be relying on Rosetta 2 for at
least 1-2 years, so fingers crossed it works OK!

Cheers!

John.