[Qgis-user] QGIS on Apple Silicon / Rosetta 2?

Saber Razmjooei saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Thu Nov 19 04:42:34 PST 2020

Hi John,

My colleague, Peter (CCed) has been handling the macOS packaging of QGIS
and also QGIS built for iOS (https://inputapp.io).

If you are getting a good deal, you can donate him a device and we can
start the work on building the packages earlier!

Kind regards
Saber

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 at 15:52, John Layt <j.layt at lparchaeology.com> wrote:

> I realise they're only shipping today, but has anyone had the chance to
> test if QGIS runs OK on the new Apple Silicon Macs using Rosetta 2? Our
> leasing provider is offering a great upgrade deal (deadline Friday), but I
> don't want to risk it until I know QGIS runs OK.
>
> FYI, Qt have announced they are not supporting Qt on Mac Silicon until Qt
> 6.1 due for release mid-2021, so Mac Silicon native QGIS will have to wait
> for QGIS 4, whenever that may be. We'll be relying on Rosetta 2 for at
> least 1-2 years, so fingers crossed it works OK!
>
> Cheers!
>
> John.

Saber Razmjooei
www.lutraconsulting.co.uk