[Qgis-user] Multilinestring converted to multicurve when editing in Pi?

Thayer Young thayeray at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 25 08:50:34 PST 2020

I just wanted to check with the list before I open an issue. I could not find anything in the open or closed issues on Github.
I was editing a PostGIS multilinestring table yesterday using QGIS, and I realized today that many or maybe all of the features that I edited were stored as multicurve. So I noticed it when, the geometry for the table went from lines to a questionmark in Database Manager because I now had mixed geometry types in the geometry column.
I have corrected the problem using ST_CurveToLine, but it is annoying and I am wondering if others have had this problem?
The About QGIS dialog says I was using QGIS version: 3.14.16, but I think it's actually 3.16.0? for MacOS, I downloaded it from the QGIS website, not the version 2 packager that Peter Petrik is working on (?but maybe that is old information?).The original data were NHDFlowline from a recent download of the NHDPlus geodatabase, I used ST_LineMerge(ST_Union(ST_Force2d(geom))) while grouping the lines by various attributes.
Maybe this is an issue of using old PostgreSQL, 9.3 and old PostGIS, 2.1?
-Thayer