[Qgis-user] Set variables by UI

L.W. eaglelw at gmx.de
Wed Nov 25 11:49:17 PST 2020

Hello,

I have a question again, I know the possibility of the project
variables, which can be queried from all layers.
I have to insert several points and lines or polygons in different layers.
All inserted features have in common that they have certain attributes
that are the same for all.
It would be nice if I only have to enter these common attributes for the
first feature and the values ​​are then automatically inserted as
default values ​​for each new feature.
One possible way would of course be a link to a shared data table, but I
don't necessarily want to go this way for reasons.
I know the option of giving a UI a Python script when it is opened (even
if I can't Python), but I haven't found anything to execute a script
after closing, for example.
Obviously logical, you can of course set the variables beforehand, but
that would be another step that you have to take beforehand and you
cannot get to these variables without a whole series of mouse clicks.

Any ideas?

Regards