[Qgis-user] z factor

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Nov 26 21:08:07 PST 2020

On 11/27/20 5:28 AM, Nicolas Cadieux wrote:
> I want to learn to make a QGIS plugin and I was wondering if anybody new if there is a QGIS plugin or tool that calculates the z factor for a particular latitude? I thought this would be an easy project to start with but I don't want to duplicate someone else's work.

Hi Nicolas,

What do you mean with "calculates the z factor for a particular latitude"?

- z-factor as in x,y,z?
- Do you mean based on a crs/datum? So more proj-based?
- Or do you mean based on a known dataset with not enough z-info? So more extra/intrapolation?
- Raster? Vector?
- Creating a new dataset (processing)? Or just reporting for one lat (desktop/gui)?

Just trying to get an idea of your idea :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde