[Qgis-user] z factor

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 21:13:59 PST 2020

Hi,

It's just the Z factor needed when you make a hillshade when the x an y
are in degrees and the z is in feet or meters (like SRTM). You can see
it if you choose Hillshade under symbology / render type (for a raster
layer).  It's basically the length of a degree in meters for latitude.

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/product/imagery/setting-the-z-factor-parameter-correctly/

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Cadieux