[Qgis-user] Does QGIS3 freezes more often than QGIS2 ?

Idan Miara idan at miara.com
Sun Nov 29 04:05:32 PST 2020

Hi David and Kirk,

Thanks for your replies!
I usually drag and drop Cloud Optimized Geotiffs, so I don't think that the
size of the raster is the root of the problem.
I had these freezes also when just setting the focus back on QGIS (alt+tab)
without drag/drop anything.
I've just applied David's suggestion and hid all local drives and network
drives from the Browser (I've never even used those anyway).
Then I dragged and dropped some 30 large COG rasters and so far no more
freezes :)
I'll report again in a few days and open a bug report if that was
indeed the root of the problem.

Idan