[Qgis-user] Projections

Peter Borissow peter.borissow at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 22 12:50:15 PDT 2020

 I agree with Hernán, that you are probably better off using ellipsoidal (geodetic) distances rather than projected distances for such large tracks.

Of course, you can use whatever projection you want to RENDER the routes. For example you can use a conic projection to render the bird tracks or a orthographic map projection. It all depends on what message you are trying to convey to your audience.