[Qgis-user] Installing QGIS 3.14 or 3.16 on Windows: it only runs as administrator

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at geomaster.pt
Sat Oct 31 04:14:33 PDT 2020

Hi Bo,

Thanks for the feedback.

You are right. I was installing QGIS in a municipality where the
computers are configured by the IT dept. It was a brand new computer,
but I guess it was deployed with some predefined configuration.

I was able to change the QGIS startup settings and it now runs always
with "administrative privileges". But I don't like the solution and I'll
try to start it a --profiles-path path where the user is able to read
and right. I will also talk with the IT, because it is not a QGIS
problem from the feedback I've received. I hope they will contribute to
fix the issue too.

Have a nice weekend!

Jorge