[Qgis-user] Migration to Linux

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 01:19:32 PDT 2020

Hello,

QGIS from Ubuntu repositories are generally very outdated. For that reason,
we always suggest you to add a QGIS project PPA repository and install a
more recent version.

Here you can find instructions on how to add the QGIS PPA repository in
ubuntu based machines and install QGIS 3.14:

https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#quickstart

If you want to install QGIS 3.10 LTR, which I suggest you do, you will need
to read about the different repositories bellow. Basically, you need to
replace the URL in the quickstart instructions by this one:

https://qgis.org/ubuntu-ltr

Best regards,

Alexandre Neto
QGIS Support