[Qgis-user] GPX data in QGIS.

Charles Dixon-Paver charles at kartoza.com
Thu Sep 10 12:07:05 PDT 2020

I'm not familiar with the app you refer to, but I think the data you're
after is the attribute information (right click a layer and open attribute
table).

Routes are an ordered combination of points, which indicate the position
and direction, whilst tracks are a log of the receiver position over time.
In practice, if you were just tracking a hike through the forest, it's
probably not of great importance, however if you were doing field capture
of high fidelity data (e.g. a road network, with specific start and end
positions in a street, with the direction indicating traffic flow etc), you
would probably find the distinction has significantly more value. A more
experienced expert can correct me if I've caused any confusion, but that's
my understanding of it anyway.

Regards