[Qgis-user] GPX data in QGIS.

J. M jimimckay at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 11:12:33 PDT 2020

Hi there,

I can successfully import .gpx files into QGIS, and they are visible and
can be clustered in new groups (waypoints, tracks and routes appear as
independent layers). The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to find
any way to access the data about the routes (distance, time, etc) which is
clearly visible in the app I used to create the tracks (the Spanish
Geographical Institute app, which I understand is heavily based on Orux
Maps). Does anyone have any ideas how to access this data (it's not in the
Properties tab)?

Also, what's the difference between a route and a track for QGIS? Is it
just the direction the track was completed in?

Many thanks,
Jimi.