[Qgis-user] QGIS Update 3.14.16

Martin Bittens martin.bittens at gmx.de
Thu Sep 24 12:48:19 PDT 2020

Hello QGIS-Users,

today I did the update from QGIS 3.14.2 to 3.14.16 with the result that
I cannot start anymore the version "QGIS with GRASS 7.8.3". I received
the following message:

"This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be
initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Available platform plugins are: direct2d, minimal, offscreen, window."

Some additional information:

- I am working with Windows 10;

- I got the same result with "QGIS 3.10. with Grass 7.8.3";

- QGIS 3.10 and 3.14.16 (those versions without the GRASS plugin)
working without any problems;

- I checked the internet for solutions but what I found was a bit
confusing to me (creating a python script, changing batch files to start
up QGIS, etc.).

Maybe somebody has an idea how to get into "QGIS with GRASS 7.8.3" like
I could do before: just click on the bottom and... here we are!

Thank you so much

Regards

Martin