[Qgis-user] missing binary operator before '(' in QT_CONFIG()

wxgis thinjogger at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 14:00:26 PDT 2021

Hi - I am trying to build QGIS 3.18.1 and have a question on what I hope is
an easy fix.  I am getting the error I list in the subject line.  The build
indicates I have Qt version 5.7.1.  Some quick research indicates I have to
upgrade my Debian Linux Qt version to >= 5.8 which, from what I read,
handles QT_CONFIG().  My question is: what is the easiest way to upgrade my
Qt version to >= 5.8 (the latest is version 5.9?).  I know it's "apt-get
install (package)" on Debian Linux.  Just don't know the package name to use
at this point?  I have tried "apt-cache search qt" but it spits out dozens
of options, none of which are obvious as to the right one.

TIA for any help, Steve