[Qgis-user] WMS Image Projection

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Apr 8 02:52:03 PDT 2021

Hi,

The approx 1.5m offset indicates that QGIS doesn't take a necessary
grid-shift file into account. The grid-shift file is a separate file
that defines the displacement vectors of coordinate systems with
different datums.

As a European GIS user I am not comfortable with North-American CRS, but
looking the two CRS up at epsg.io I can see that

http://epsg.io/?q=26910

vs

http://epsg.io/?q=3157

EPSG 26910 claims to have an accuracy of 4 m while EPSG 3157 claims to
have an accuracy of 1m.

There might be a grid shift file necessary between the two CRS (I am
personally unsure if that is the case here).

Since both, the project and the WMS are in the same CRS, I would assume
that the offset problems occur with the parcel shapefile.

Do you know a local GIS expert in your region who knows if the
transformation between EPSG 26910 and 3157 requires a grid-shift file? I
would assume yes, because at epsg.io it indicates that the datums of the
two CRS are slightly different: NAD83(CSRS) (http://epsg.io/4617) vs
NAD83 (http://epsg.io/4269).

 From there - and if we have a proper corresponding grid-shift file - we
can help you set up the transformation in QGIS.

Greetings,

Andreas