[Qgis-user] WMS Image Projection

kirk kirk at nortekresources.com
Thu Apr 8 03:20:31 PDT 2021

Hi Springer.I believe you will need to apply a grid shift file (NTv2).  It is available from Natural Resouces Canada and I will send you a link when I get to the office.The installation is a simple procedure. Kirk SchmidtSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> Date: 2021-04-08  6:52 a.m.  (GMT-04:00) To: Springfield Harrison <stellargps at gmail.com> Cc: qgis-user <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] WMS Image Projection
Hi,
The approx 1.5m offset indicates that QGIS doesn't take a necessary grid-shift file into account. The grid-shift file is a separate file that defines the displacement vectors of coordinate systems with different datums.
As a European GIS user I am not comfortable with North-American CRS, but looking the two CRS up at epsg.io I can see that
http://epsg.io/?q=26910
vs
http://epsg.io/?q=3157
EPSG 26910 claims to have an accuracy of 4 m while EPSG 3157 claims to have an accuracy of 1m.
There might be a grid shift file necessary between the two CRS (I am personally unsure if that is the case here).
Since both, the project and the WMS are in the same CRS, I would assume that the offset problems occur with the parcel shapefile.
Do you know a local GIS expert in your region who knows if the transformation between EPSG 26910 and 3157 requires a grid-shift file? I would assume yes, because at epsg.io it indicates that the datums of the two CRS are slightly different: NAD83(CSRS) (http://epsg.io/4617) vs NAD83 (http://epsg.io/4269).
From there - and if we have a proper corresponding grid-shift file - we can help you set up the transformation in QGIS.
Greetings,
Andreas