[Qgis-user] WMS Image Projection

Springfield Harrison stellargps at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 23:52:58 PDT 2021

Hello Andreas & Kirk,

Thanks very much for your suggestions.  I also got help from the
regional Gov't GIS Manager.  He suggested trying the REST source
(server?) through the QGIS ArcGIS Map Service
(https://mapservices.crd.bc.ca/arcgis/rest/services).  It worked and the
misalignment disappeared!  In QGIS, toggling the two different 2019
orthophotos showed them jumping by about 1.5 m. Several miles away, the
result was the same.

The REST source did the trick although the underlying data is the same.

The REST property lines were identical to the WMS version.

Not sure why this works but will use the REST server in the future.

Thanks again for your help . . .

-----
Cheers, Spring