[Qgis-user] Folder .qgis2 - not used any more by QGIS 3 ?

Stefan Giese (WhereGroup) stefan.giese at wheregroup.com
Tue Apr 13 09:25:15 PDT 2021

Hi Christine,

yes that is moved to the profile folder you've found. It has similar
functions but also much more possibilities. You can work with different
profiles (English, German and so on) and if you want to start with a
complete new QGIS - just make a new profile. There is stored nearly
everything, data connections, styles DB, ini file and so on. Start here
for more information:
https://docs.qgis.org/3.10/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/qgis_configuration.html#working-with-user-profiles
or see this blog:
https://www.northrivergeographic.com/archives/qgis-profiles

Best regards

Stefan

Am 13.04.2021 um 16:20 schrieb Christine:
> Dear QGIS community,
>
> recently I was surprised in QGIS 3.16 and QGIS 3.18 by missing some menu
> items. Solved this.
>
> But while searching for the reason and a solution of the QGIS GUI behaviour
> I checked for the folder '.qgis2' as a matter of routine - and couldn't
find
> it any more on my system. Compared this to other installations of QGIS 3.x
> under Windows, where I still found this folder in the expected path, but
> maybe these are leftovers from earlier versions.
>
> Does QGIS 3 doesn't use this folder any more for saving GUI settings under
> Windows?
> Have found a file 'qgis.ini' in the path
> 'C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles\default\QGIS', that I
> suspect to have a similar function.
>
> Thanks for a feedback of someone who knows more to lighten this up !
> Regards, Christine
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-User-f4125267.html

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Stefan Giese
Projektleiter/Consultant
Aufwind durch Wissen!
Jetzt neu: Webinare und Online-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.com

WhereGroup GmbH
Schwimmbadstr. 2
79100 Freiburg