[Qgis-user] Folder .qgis2 - not used any more by QGIS 3 ?

Christine geo.guide at web.de
Tue Apr 13 07:20:47 PDT 2021

Dear QGIS community,

recently I was surprised in QGIS 3.16 and QGIS 3.18 by missing some menu
items. Solved this.

But while searching for the reason and a solution of the QGIS GUI behaviour
I checked for the folder '.qgis2' as a matter of routine - and couldn't find
it any more on my system. Compared this to other installations of QGIS 3.x
under Windows, where I still found this folder in the expected path, but
maybe these are leftovers from earlier versions.

Does QGIS 3 doesn't use this folder any more for saving GUI settings under
Windows?
Have found a file 'qgis.ini' in the path
'C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles\default\QGIS', that I
suspect to have a similar function.

Thanks for a feedback of someone who knows more to lighten this up !
Regards, Christine